THE NEW LOWELL GENERAL HOSPITAL
Our new six-story building enhances our ability to deliver the highest quality, personalized care. Lowell General is growing to meet your needs through its added private rooms, state-of-the-art surgical suites, one of the region’s most modern emergency departments and trauma centers, and service that will exceed your expectations.
Our new clinical areas and expanded facilities ensure the most innovative and uniquely patient-centric care. Evidence-Based Design was a guiding principle in the construction of the building—in each clinical care area, patient room and accommodations on every floor. The staff was consistently engaged to help guide and direct room set up, equipment housing, and furniture, so that EVERY aspect of patient/family comfort and experience was taken into account.
Photo courtesy RTKL/David Whitcomb
Our new six-level Dahod Building, completed in December 2012, features the following areas:
- Three new operating rooms (for a total of 13 at the main campus)
- Surgical Day Care Unit
- New main entrance and lobby with improved access to outpatient service areas
- Hospital gift shop and Dunkin' Donuts in the main lobby
- Patient Service Center with 10 outpatient areas
- Expanded imaging services with a conveniently located MRI suite
- New Emergency Department and Trauma Center with 50 individual exam rooms, accommodating up to 75,000 visits per year.
- New 30-bed Surgical Unit
- New 30-bed Intermediate Care Unit
- New Labor and Delivery unit with 12 private rooms